Avionics Technician IV - Eagle Creek Aviation (EYE)
- - Maintenance-Eagle Creek Aviation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
The qualified employee for this position must possess a minimum of the following listed knowledge, skills, and competency requirements. Perform complex avionics maintenance on aircraft systems and sub-systems as directed. The position requires the ability to effectively coordinate equivalent department technicians if required. Detailed understanding of paper work related to Repair Station. Requires ability to initiate work orders and organize work packets from inception to completion of process.
- In a timely and professional manor complete paper work related to work scope. Work with tracking sheets and budgets for line item discrepancies.
- In a timely and professional manor complete paperwork related to tasks performed with detailed documentation I/A/W Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Ability to understand aircraft avionics work scopes from inception to completion.
- Basic understanding of Log Book documentation and entries.
- Perform complex and critical maintenance on aircraft avionics systems of aircraft.
- Disassembly, installation, cleaning and inspection of mechanical, electrical or interior systems and components associate with avionics work.
- Responsible for safe and standard maintenance practices associated with FAA repair station.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and professional work area.
- Assists with the training and development of level I and II Techs.
- Assists crew chiefs, avionics supervisor and Department Managers as required or requested.
- Competent in all essential duties and responsibilities of an avionics Tech II.
- Other responsibilities and/or tasks that may occasionally be delegated to the employee by their supervisor and/or management.
- Ability to perform basic and complex maintenance, installation, and troubleshoot tasks.
- Understanding of FAR's and regulations pertaining to aircraft maintenance.
- Ability to recognize priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives minimum supervision.
- Ability to handle and resolve complex technical issues and problems.
- Ability to effectively utilize technical documentation and literature.
- In addition maintains all the required knowledge, skills and abilities of an Avionics Tech II.
- Prior experience or Aviation related education.
- Prior experience as a FAA Repairman's Certificate holder desirable
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have complete set of own tools in order to perform the required maintenance of aircraft.
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as requested.
- L3 Avionics-Skywatch and Stormscope Systems
- S-Tec/Meggitt-Autopilot Systems
- Honeywell/Bendix King
- Flight Display Systems
- Collins Proline
Job Specific Requirements:
Licenses: FCC preferred and A&P Mechanic preferred.
Physical: Routinely lifts up to 10 lbs., occasionally lifts up to 50 lbs. Stands for long periods of time, with frequent bending, squatting, kneeling and stooping. Uses hands to reach and feel, with repetitive motion, Good finer dexterity, reads and writes, speaks, hears, and understands American English fluently, Has visual acuity correctable to 20/20. Works in confined spaces, extreme temperatures, heights above six feet, noisy environments and flying. Works with and around products and materials associated with aircraft maintenance. Must have complete set of own tools in order to perform the required maintenance on aircraft. Willing to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as requested.
Education, Skills and Experience desired:
- High school graduate or equivalency
- A&P Mechanic
- Structural work-typically antenna installation
- Heavy troubleshooting or ops check
- System interfacing
- STC development
- Experience with FAA form 337 or FAA field approval process
- Knowledge and understanding of FARs
- AutoCAD or other drafting software
Tech 1-One year related avionics installation experience required
Tech 2-Two years related avionics installation experience required
Tech 3-Three to Five years avionics installation experience required
Tech 4-Five years plus avionics installation experience required
*The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Eagle Creek Aviation/Naples Jet Center is an equal employment opportunity employer and will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.*