Avionics Technician I - First Wing Jet Center (TYQ)
- - Maintenance - First Wing Jet Center
- Zionsville, IN, USA
- Full Time
The qualified employee for this position must possess a minimum of the following listed knowledge, skills, and competency requirements. Perform avionics maintenance, installation, and trouble shooting on aircraft systems and sub-systems as directed. Detailed understanding of paper work related to Repair Station. Requires ability to use work orders and organize work packets assigned.
- In a timely and professional manor complete paper work related to work scope. Work with tracking sheets and budgets for line item discrepancies.
- In a timely and professional manor complete paperwork related to tasks performed with detailed documentation I/A/W Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Ability to understand aircraft avionics work scopes
- Basic understanding of Log Book documentation and entries.
- Perform maintenance on aircraft avionics systems of aircraft.
- Disassembly, installation, cleaning and inspection of mechanical, electrical or interior systems and components associate with avionics work.
- Responsible for safe and standard maintenance practices associated with FAA repair station.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and professional work area.
- Assists crew chiefs, avionics supervisor and Department Managers as required or requested.
- Other responsibilities and/or tasks that may occasionally be delegated to the employee by their supervisor and/or management.
- Ability to perform maintenance, installation, and troubleshoot tasks.
- Understanding of FAR's and regulations pertaining to aircraft maintenance.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to handle and resolve technical issues and problems.
- Ability to effectively utilize technical documentation and literature.
- Prior experience or Aviation related education.
- Prior experience as a FAA Repairman's Certificate holder desirable
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have complete set of own tools in order to perform the required maintenance of aircraft.
- Willing to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as requested.