Avionics Technician II - Eagle Creek Aviation (EYE)
- - Maintenance-Eagle Creek Aviation
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
With limited supervision, assists with installation, troubleshooting and repairing, and other general tasks related to the maintenance, installations and repair of Avionics systems and components on a variety of aircraft product models in a safe and clean work environment according to manufactures specifications, company-approved procedures, and customer specifications. Prepares and completes appropriate work order documentation. Supports and records all OJT, mentoring, and training for record and personal development..
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in, and learns, high quality installation, troubleshooting and repair of aircraft avionic systems and components on a variety of aircraft production models using proper hand tools, specialized equipment, and support equipment, in a timely, clean, safe, and professional manner with no rework. Records all work performed as OJT for record and development.
- Accurately orders general components & parts, supports turn-in and record of removed parts, supports delivery and record of received parts as needed and directed.
- Performs minor troubleshooting and repair of aircraft avionics systems and components in relation to system installation.
- Prepares various documents for record keeping purposes, as required by Company policies, FAA Approved Repair Station and Quality Control Manuals, All FAA regulations (FARs), OEM Aircraft Manufacturer Manuals, etc. to include turnovers, and personal training logs.
- Demonstrates proficiency of Eagle Creek Aviation/Naples Jet Center work order system by completing accurate and timely discrepancies and corrective action statements.
- Consistently Locates and uses appropriate technical data per system installation manual requirements and follows verbal instructions to complete assigned installation tasks. Builds and develops personal quality avionics installations and support techniques based on OJT experience to improve in proficiency and quality.
- Supports, maintains, and complies with all Environmental, Health, and Safety, for federal, OSHA, state and local regulations.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned by management.
- Requires use of arithmetic, blueprints and ability to do wire harnessing.
- L3 Avionics-Skywatch and Stormscope Systems
- S-Tec/Meggitt-Autopilot Systems
- Honeywell/Bendix King
- Flight Display Systems
- Collins Proline
- Collins Proline
Job Specific Requirements:
Licenses: FCC preferred and A&P Mechanic preferred.
Physical: Routinely lifts up to 10 lbs., occasionally lifts up to 50 lbs. Stands for long periods of time, with frequent bending, squatting, kneeling and stooping. Uses hands to reach and feel, with repetitive motion, Good finer dexterity, reads and writes, speaks, hears, and understands American English fluently, Has visual acuity correctable to 20/20. Works in confined spaces, extreme temperatures, heights above six feet, noisy environments and flying. Works with and around products and materials associated with aircraft maintenance. Must have complete set of own tools in order to perform the required maintenance on aircraft. Willing to work overtime, holidays, and weekends as requested.
Education, Skills and Experience desired:
- High school graduate or equivalency
- A&P Mechanic
- Structural work-typically antenna installation
- Heavy troubleshooting or ops check
- System interfacing
- STC development
- Experience with FAA form 337 or FAA field approval process
- Knowledge and understanding of FARs
- AutoCAD or other drafting software
Tech 1-One year related avionics installation experience required
Tech 2-Two years related avionics installation experience required
Tech 3-Three to Five years avionics installation experience required
Tech 4-Five years plus avionics installation experience required
*The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Eagle Creek Aviation/Naples Jet Center is an equal employment opportunity employer and will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.*